RacingJunk Classified Guidelines
RacingJunk reserves the right to reject or remove any ad that is not consistent with the letter or spirit of RacingJunk's policies or the law. Please review these Guidelines below and make sure any transactions you conduct fully comply.
RacingJunk provides RacingJunk.com (this "Site") as a platform for RacingJunk users to connect with one another. RACINGJUNK DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN, NOR IS IT A PARTY TO, ANY CLASSIFIEDS TRANSACTIONS. RacingJunk does not screen or control users who may sell or buy on Classifieds, nor does RacingJunk review or authenticate all listings, items, or services offered for sale. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely and solely responsible for negotiating the purchase, sale and exchange of goods or services.
- Sellers and buyers must resolve any disputes that may arise from Classifieds transactions amongst themselves and without the involvement of RacingJunk.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in this Site.
- Fraud. Sellers may not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item or service purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments.
- Interference. Sellers may not spam RacingJunk.com's system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on RacingJunk's system. Seller may not put any material on this Site that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. Sellers may not solicit this Site's users to post ads on other classifieds sites.
- Classified Numbers/Passwords. Sellers are solely responsible for actions taken under seller's classified number and/or password and should not disclose them to anyone else. Seller cannot use his/her classified number and/or password for any unauthorized purpose.
All sellers must:
- Comply with applicable laws. Seller may not offer for sale or sell an item or service to any buyer in a jurisdiction where the item, service, or terms of the sale violates applicable laws or regulations. Seller may not offer for sale any item or service that violates RacingJunk's policies as described below in "Prohibited Items and Services."
- Provide accurate information. Seller must accurately describe the item he/she is selling. Seller may not include any language in his/her ad, including the ad title, which may confuse potential buyers or cause seller's ad to be included in search results to which it is not responsive.
- Place item in the appropriate category. Seller must list his/her item in the most appropriate category. Each item can only be listed in one category.
- Avoid inappropriate ad content. Seller may not link to, post, or include advertisements for goods or other materials that: (a) describe items or services that seller is not selling on this Site, or (b) seller does not have rights to link to or include. Seller also may not include any content or images in seller's ad that are obscene, offensive, harmful to minors, invasive of anyone's privacy, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Have the rights to and possession of item. Seller may not offer any item for sale that (1) is not in seller's possession, (2) seller does not have the right to sell, or (3) does not exist at the time of the ad.
- Have the proper account type. Selling must be done under the proper account type, any businesses or people using the site as a hobby, must have a dealer account and cannot use the options under an individual account.
- Comply with listing guidelines. Items listed must be product specific and contain only one item per ad. Items listed cannot be vague in nature, promote a service, contain editorial content, links to auctions, or other web sites promoting ads or images.
PROHIBITED ITEMS AND SERVICES
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items or services listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. SELLER MAY NOT SELL THE FOLLOWING ITEMS OR SERVICES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item that violates any U. S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U. S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), and Sudan.
- Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue.
- Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers.
- Switchblade knives.
- Any concealed weapon.
- Any explosive device.
- Martial arts weapons.
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- "Replicas," "knock-offs," in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Posting an ad that is unrelated to the category in which the ad is placed.
- Posting identical ads in the same category and location.
- Posting an ad with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting an ad for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an ad that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This may include an ad that instructs the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the ad for more information and then requires the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting a multi-level marketing position or other non-traditional job not involving a W2 or 1099.
- Posting a job ad that requires a monetary investment by the user at any time.
- Posting an ad that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position.
- Posting an ad through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
- Soliciting a Site user to post an ad in another classifieds site.
RacingJunk may take corrective action, at its sole discretion, when prohibited activities or other misuses of this Site become apparent.
Resale of event tickets is permitted, as long as sellers abide by the applicable state and local laws where the event is located. In an effort to help users conduct lawful ticket sales, RacingJunk requires that ads for event tickets meet, at minimum, the following requirements:
ALL Classifieds listings for event tickets MUST include in the description:
- The location of the event (venue, city and state).
- The date of the event.
- The face value of the ticket(s).
AND, IF the location of the event is in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina or Wisconsin, the seller MUST:
- Restrict sale to the face value of the ticket(s).
OTHER IMPORTANT RULES
If seller or buyer finds an offensive or worrisome ad, please inform RacingJunk by sending an e-mail to support@RacingJunk.com . RacingJunk reserves the right to determine what action is necessary.
REMINDER OF RACINGJUNK'S DISCLAIMER
RacingJunk reserves the right to remove ads at any time for any reason. Seller is solely responsible for content. By posting an ad on this Site, seller agrees that he/she will not post any content that is libelous, defamatory, or unlawful, or that violates or infringes any trademark, copyright, or similar rights of others.
RACINGJUNK'S RIGHT TO TERMINATE
UPDATED: MARCH 25, 2013